Iraq forces continue to focus their attention on the Syrian border where Islamic State militants are still massed. Shi’ite militias in northern Iraq undertook cross-border shelling into Syria. The operation took place in Tal Safuk.
At least six people were killed, and 10 were wounded in recent violence:
A bombing near Baquba left one policeman dead and another wounded.
Four people were wounded when they drove over a roadside bomb in Dibs.
A bomb wounded four policemen in Iskandariya.
Turkish forces killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) when they carried out airstrikes in the Hakurk region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019