At least 21 people were killed, and four were wounded in recent violence:
Militants attacked a home in Farhatiya where they killed 12 members of the same family, including women and children.
In Shirqat, a roadside bomb killed four policemen.
Three dumped bodies were found in Baaj.
A blast wounded three people in Tikrit.
Two Turkish soldiers were killed and another was wounded in northern Iraq. Turkish airstrikes targeting Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) were launched; 15 militants were killed in Iraq or Syria.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018