The Iraqi Independent High Electoral Commission cancelled the election results of 1,021 polling stations after checking into irregularities reported at them. Iraqi President Fuad Masum criticized the move as unconstitutional.
At least five people were killed, and eight were wounded in recent violence:
A roadside bomb killed one militiaman and wounded three more in Tuz Khormato.
In Rawah, a bomb wounded three people.
Two people were injured when bomb exploded in Taji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018