The Iraqi Independent High Electoral Commission cancelled the election results of 1,021 polling stations after checking into irregularities reported at them. Iraqi President Fuad Masum criticized the move as unconstitutional.
At least five people were killed, and eight were wounded in recent violence:
A roadside bomb killed one militiaman and wounded three more in Tuz Khormato.
In Rawah, a bomb wounded three people.
Two people were injured when bomb exploded in Taji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018