Eight foreign women were sentenced to life in prison for their involvement with the Islamic State. The women were from Azerbaijan, Syria, Turkey, and Uzbekistan.
At least three people were killed, and four were wounded in recent violence:
In Baghdad, a civilian was shot dead.
Old explosives left in Rawah wounded four people.
Security forces killed two militants in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019