An Iraqi court sentenced seven women on terrorism charges. Three Azerbaijani women and a Kyrgyz woman were given death sentences. Two Russian women and a French woman were given life sentences for their involvement with ISIS/Daesh militants.
At least 10 people were killed, and five were wounded:
A bomb wounded five troops in Naqib.
An attack on troops in Rutba left a number of casualties.
Seven militants were killed during operations in Anbar and Salah ad Din province.
In Imam Weis, security forces killed the leader of a local ISIS group.
Two militants were killed when the bomb they were attempting to plant in Hawi exploded.
In other news:
The United States government is planning on moving an American citizen, suspected of being an ISIS member, to a third country.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019