An Iraqi court sentenced seven women on terrorism charges. Three Azerbaijani women and a Kyrgyz woman were given death sentences. Two Russian women and a French woman were given life sentences for their involvement with ISIS/Daesh militants.
At least 10 people were killed, and five were wounded:
A bomb wounded five troops in Naqib.
An attack on troops in Rutba left a number of casualties.
Seven militants were killed during operations in Anbar and Salah ad Din province.
In Imam Weis, security forces killed the leader of a local ISIS group.
Two militants were killed when the bomb they were attempting to plant in Hawi exploded.
In other news:
The United States government is planning on moving an American citizen, suspected of being an ISIS member, to a third country.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018