Authorities in Mosul say that they have buried over 1,000 bodies in a mass grave. The bodies were recovered from the rubble of the city. Many more bodies remain in place, awaiting burial. They say most of the dead were militants.
At least 10 people were killed:
ISIS militants executed four civilians in Zab, for cooperating with security forces.
A man was stabbed to death by militants at his home in Rashad.
Security forces in Baaj repulsed an attack and killed five militants.
In other news:
Members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Michigan signed a resolution opposing the detention of a group of Iraqi Chaldean refugees who are awaiting deportation.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Continue in Kirkuk, Diyala; 27 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018