Authorities in Mosul say that they have buried over 1,000 bodies in a mass grave. The bodies were recovered from the rubble of the city. Many more bodies remain in place, awaiting burial. They say most of the dead were militants.
At least 10 people were killed:
ISIS militants executed four civilians in Zab, for cooperating with security forces.
A man was stabbed to death by militants at his home in Rashad.
Security forces in Baaj repulsed an attack and killed five militants.
In other news:
Members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Michigan signed a resolution opposing the detention of a group of Iraqi Chaldean refugees who are awaiting deportation.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019