At least 70 were killed or found dead and five were wounded in recent violence:
Sixty bodies were discovered in a mass grave in Hammam al-Alil. Most of the victims were female.
Turkish sources say that one Turkish soldier was killed and three were wounded when mortar fire struck their camp in the Kani Rash.
In Ramadi, a car bomb wounded two people.
Five militants were killed in Rashad.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Tarmiya. Authorities believe the pair was headed to a shrine in Baghdad to attack pilgrims.
Security forces killed two militants in the Wadi Janat area of Diyala province.
In other news: Local sources say that ISIS/Daesh militants have occupied two small villages in Kirkuk province, Hefteğar and Ava Fexro.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018