At least 70 were killed or found dead and five were wounded in recent violence:
Sixty bodies were discovered in a mass grave in Hammam al-Alil. Most of the victims were female.
Turkish sources say that one Turkish soldier was killed and three were wounded when mortar fire struck their camp in the Kani Rash.
In Ramadi, a car bomb wounded two people.
Five militants were killed in Rashad.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Tarmiya. Authorities believe the pair was headed to a shrine in Baghdad to attack pilgrims.
Security forces killed two militants in the Wadi Janat area of Diyala province.
In other news: Local sources say that ISIS/Daesh militants have occupied two small villages in Kirkuk province, Hefteğar and Ava Fexro.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Threatens to Kill Captive Security Personnel; Nine Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2018
- Kurdish Town Strikes Against Deteriorating Security; 24 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2018
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018