At least 35 people were killed or found dead, and one other was wounded:
In Mosul, the bodies of 22 children were pulled from underneath rubble left behind after the liberation of the city.
An old landmine planted during the Iran-Iraq war in Mergasour blew off a 65-year-old’s leg.
Security forces killed seven militants in the Tharthar region.
Three militants were killed near Hamrin Lake.
Another three were killed in Baaj.
In Other News:
Turkish troops have advanced further into Kurdistan and are now located about 20 kilometers (12.5 miles) into Kurdish territory. The troops took control of eight mountains in the Sidikan area on Friday.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019