Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi told
reporters on Sunday that the Iraqi army may be sent into Syria to fight
At least 70 people were killed, and eight more were wounded in recent violence:
A mass grave in Mosul yielded 48 bodies. The victims bore signs of torture.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people on a bus.
A bomb killed one person and wounded two more, all from the same family, in Qara Tapa.
Four soldiers were wounded when a bomb exploded in Qara Tapa.
A bomb wounded two people near shops in Taji.
Security forces killed 11 militants, including a notorious commander, during operations in Anbar province.
Seven militants were killed during airstrikes in the Baaj and Qayara areas.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018