Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi told
reporters on Sunday that the Iraqi army may be sent into Syria to fight
At least 70 people were killed, and eight more were wounded in recent violence:
A mass grave in Mosul yielded 48 bodies. The victims bore signs of torture.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people on a bus.
A bomb killed one person and wounded two more, all from the same family, in Qara Tapa.
Four soldiers were wounded when a bomb exploded in Qara Tapa.
A bomb wounded two people near shops in Taji.
Security forces killed 11 militants, including a notorious commander, during operations in Anbar province.
Seven militants were killed during airstrikes in the Baaj and Qayara areas.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018