Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi told
reporters on Sunday that the Iraqi army may be sent into Syria to fight
At least 70 people were killed, and eight more were wounded in recent violence:
A mass grave in Mosul yielded 48 bodies. The victims bore signs of torture.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people on a bus.
A bomb killed one person and wounded two more, all from the same family, in Qara Tapa.
Four soldiers were wounded when a bomb exploded in Qara Tapa.
A bomb wounded two people near shops in Taji.
Security forces killed 11 militants, including a notorious commander, during operations in Anbar province.
Seven militants were killed during airstrikes in the Baaj and Qayara areas.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018