Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi told
reporters on Sunday that the Iraqi army may be sent into Syria to fight
At least 70 people were killed, and eight more were wounded in recent violence:
A mass grave in Mosul yielded 48 bodies. The victims bore signs of torture.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people on a bus.
A bomb killed one person and wounded two more, all from the same family, in Qara Tapa.
Four soldiers were wounded when a bomb exploded in Qara Tapa.
A bomb wounded two people near shops in Taji.
Security forces killed 11 militants, including a notorious commander, during operations in Anbar province.
Seven militants were killed during airstrikes in the Baaj and Qayara areas.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019