Iraq is holding at least 19,000 prisoners over their alleged connections to the Islamic State. Over 3,000 of them have been sentenced to death.
An anti-ISIS/Daesh operation was launched in the Makhoul Mountains and Saniya.
Unknown assailants destroyed
the Say-yed Ribar shrine in Daquq. It belonged to the Kakai
minority group, who used it to light the flame celebrating Newroz (Persian New
At least 14 people were killed, and 11 more were wounded:
In Dali Baliani, Turkish jets targeting Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) guerrillas instead killed four civilians who were camping in order to celebrate Newroz. Baghdad called the airstrikes a “transgression” and condemned them.
A bomb killed one policeman and wounded five more in Hammam al-Alil.
Four army personnel were wounded during an attack in Dhuluiya.
Shelling in Adhaim left a child with injuries.
A roadside bomb wounded one person in Mandali.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018