Iraq is holding at least 19,000 prisoners over their alleged connections to the Islamic State. Over 3,000 of them have been sentenced to death.
An anti-ISIS/Daesh operation was launched in the Makhoul Mountains and Saniya.
Unknown assailants destroyed
the Say-yed Ribar shrine in Daquq. It belonged to the Kakai
minority group, who used it to light the flame celebrating Newroz (Persian New
At least 14 people were killed, and 11 more were wounded:
In Dali Baliani, Turkish jets targeting Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) guerrillas instead killed four civilians who were camping in order to celebrate Newroz. Baghdad called the airstrikes a “transgression” and condemned them.
A bomb killed one policeman and wounded five more in Hammam al-Alil.
Four army personnel were wounded during an attack in Dhuluiya.
Shelling in Adhaim left a child with injuries.
A roadside bomb wounded one person in Mandali.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018