Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is threatening
to invade northern Iraq in order to chase Kurdistan Workers’ Party
(P.K.K.) entrenched in the Sinjar region, if Iraq doesn’t act on its own. However,
there already are reports of Turkish troop activity
At least four people were killed, and eight more were wounded in recent violence:
Two civilians were killed and three were wounded at a fake checkpoint in the Zab area.
Militants near a Dibis checkpoint killed one security member and wounded two more.
An army officer is accused of torturing a preacher to death in Nineveh province.
In Mahmoudiya, a roadside bomb wounded three people.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018