Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is threatening
to invade northern Iraq in order to chase Kurdistan Workers’ Party
(P.K.K.) entrenched in the Sinjar region, if Iraq doesn’t act on its own. However,
there already are reports of Turkish troop activity
At least four people were killed, and eight more were wounded in recent violence:
Two civilians were killed and three were wounded at a fake checkpoint in the Zab area.
Militants near a Dibis checkpoint killed one security member and wounded two more.
An army officer is accused of torturing a preacher to death in Nineveh province.
In Mahmoudiya, a roadside bomb wounded three people.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019