Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is threatening
to invade northern Iraq in order to chase Kurdistan Workers’ Party
(P.K.K.) entrenched in the Sinjar region, if Iraq doesn’t act on its own. However,
there already are reports of Turkish troop activity
At least four people were killed, and eight more were wounded in recent violence:
Two civilians were killed and three were wounded at a fake checkpoint in the Zab area.
Militants near a Dibis checkpoint killed one security member and wounded two more.
An army officer is accused of torturing a preacher to death in Nineveh province.
In Mahmoudiya, a roadside bomb wounded three people.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018