Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is threatening
to invade northern Iraq in order to chase Kurdistan Workers’ Party
(P.K.K.) entrenched in the Sinjar region, if Iraq doesn’t act on its own. However,
there already are reports of Turkish troop activity
At least four people were killed, and eight more were wounded in recent violence:
Two civilians were killed and three were wounded at a fake checkpoint in the Zab area.
Militants near a Dibis checkpoint killed one security member and wounded two more.
An army officer is accused of torturing a preacher to death in Nineveh province.
In Mahmoudiya, a roadside bomb wounded three people.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018
- Children Found in Mosul Mass Grave; 11 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 15th, 2018