The Accountability and Justice Committee sent an official letter to Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi’s office recommending the Iraqi government seize the assets of dozens of Saddam Hussein’s relatives and colleagues.
At least 23 people were killed, and 22 more were wounded in recent violence:
In Tal Keif, a bomb killed a policeman and wounded three more.
A special forces officer was shot dead in Tuz Khormato.
Near the border with Saudi Arabia, two border patrolmen were wounded when a bomb or old ordnance exploded.
Gunmen critically wounded a police officer in Sulaymaniya.
Another police officer was shot and wounded but in Kirkuk.
A militant was killed at the Kilo 18 checkpoint in Anbar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018
- Children Found in Mosul Mass Grave; 11 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 15th, 2018