The Accountability and Justice Committee sent an official letter to Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi’s office recommending the Iraqi government seize the assets of dozens of Saddam Hussein’s relatives and colleagues.
At least 23 people were killed, and 22 more were wounded in recent violence:
In Tal Keif, a bomb killed a policeman and wounded three more.
A special forces officer was shot dead in Tuz Khormato.
Near the border with Saudi Arabia, two border patrolmen were wounded when a bomb or old ordnance exploded.
Gunmen critically wounded a police officer in Sulaymaniya.
Another police officer was shot and wounded but in Kirkuk.
A militant was killed at the Kilo 18 checkpoint in Anbar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018