The Accountability and Justice Committee sent an official letter to Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi’s office recommending the Iraqi government seize the assets of dozens of Saddam Hussein’s relatives and colleagues.
At least 23 people were killed, and 22 more were wounded in recent violence:
In Tal Keif, a bomb killed a policeman and wounded three more.
A special forces officer was shot dead in Tuz Khormato.
Near the border with Saudi Arabia, two border patrolmen were wounded when a bomb or old ordnance exploded.
Gunmen critically wounded a police officer in Sulaymaniya.
Another police officer was shot and wounded but in Kirkuk.
A militant was killed at the Kilo 18 checkpoint in Anbar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018