The Accountability and Justice Committee sent an official letter to Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi’s office recommending the Iraqi government seize the assets of dozens of Saddam Hussein’s relatives and colleagues.
At least 23 people were killed, and 22 more were wounded in recent violence:
In Tal Keif, a bomb killed a policeman and wounded three more.
A special forces officer was shot dead in Tuz Khormato.
Near the border with Saudi Arabia, two border patrolmen were wounded when a bomb or old ordnance exploded.
Gunmen critically wounded a police officer in Sulaymaniya.
Another police officer was shot and wounded but in Kirkuk.
A militant was killed at the Kilo 18 checkpoint in Anbar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018