Parliament demanded the Iraqi government set a timeline on the withdrawal of foreign troops in Iraq.
Abdel-Rahim al-Shemari, a lawmaker from Nineveh province, complained that Nineveh cannot handle the large amount corpses that remain unburied in the city and wants international help. Separately, residents of Mosul appeared more concerned with leftover ordnance that is preventing many from returning home.
At least 50 people were killed or found dead, and nine more were wounded in recent violence:
Near Badush, security forces found a mass grave containing the bodies of 40 Christians who had been kidnapped.
Two soldiers were killed and three were wounded when gunmen attacked a Badush checkpoint.
A sticky bomb in Erbil wounded a member of the Peshmerga belonging to the Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan (P.D.K.I) and his son, who also belongs to the P.D.K.I. Peshmerga. The elder man had received death threats recently.
Turkish forces killed four members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) while conducting airstrikes in northern Iraq.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019