German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen is in Iraq for talks on extending Germany’s role in Iraq. The expectation is that a new mandate will be created.
At least 29 people were killed, and 16 were wounded:
A mass grave believed to contain the bodies of six Yazidis was found in Sinjar.
The bodies of five civilians kidnapped from Hlewa were found dumped in Tuz Khormato. The victims were Turkmen and Sunni Arabs.
In Jillam Albu-Ajil, three tribal fighters were killed and two were wounded during an attack.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Dibs.
Two militiamen were wounded in a blast in Baghdad.
In Yusufiya, a bomb at a market killed one person and wounded three more.
A suicide bomber was killed in Hatra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018