German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen is in Iraq for talks on extending Germany’s role in Iraq. The expectation is that a new mandate will be created.
At least 29 people were killed, and 16 were wounded:
A mass grave believed to contain the bodies of six Yazidis was found in Sinjar.
The bodies of five civilians kidnapped from Hlewa were found dumped in Tuz Khormato. The victims were Turkmen and Sunni Arabs.
In Jillam Albu-Ajil, three tribal fighters were killed and two were wounded during an attack.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Dibs.
Two militiamen were wounded in a blast in Baghdad.
In Yusufiya, a bomb at a market killed one person and wounded three more.
A suicide bomber was killed in Hatra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018