German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen is in Iraq for talks on extending Germany’s role in Iraq. The expectation is that a new mandate will be created.
At least 29 people were killed, and 16 were wounded:
A mass grave believed to contain the bodies of six Yazidis was found in Sinjar.
The bodies of five civilians kidnapped from Hlewa were found dumped in Tuz Khormato. The victims were Turkmen and Sunni Arabs.
In Jillam Albu-Ajil, three tribal fighters were killed and two were wounded during an attack.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Dibs.
Two militiamen were wounded in a blast in Baghdad.
In Yusufiya, a bomb at a market killed one person and wounded three more.
A suicide bomber was killed in Hatra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018