Residents of a pair of predominantly Kurdish neighborhoods in Kirkuk say the provincial governor who was recently appointed by Baghdad, Rakan al-Jibouri, has ordered them to abandon their homes. Residents of Nawroz and Kurdistan have a week to leave. The orders are, apparently, part of an Arabization campaign begun under Saddam Hussein.
At least 47 people were killed or found dead, and nine more were wounded:
Twenty bodies were found in a mass grave in Houd.
In Tarmiya, a soldier was killed and two were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded.
A civilian was killed in a blast in Rawah.
Clashes in Hawija left three militiamen wounded and sixteen militants dead.
In Baghdad, Three militants were killed.
Security forces killed three militants, including a local leader, in Khayzarana, near Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018