The United States has struck a deal with the United Nations to deliver more aid to ethnic and religious minority groups in Iraq.
At least 26 people were killed, and 15 more were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, a mass grave containing the bodies of 20 women was excavated.
A mortar attack on Tuz Khormato left 12 wounded, including children. Turkman M.P. Jasim Mohammed Jaafar blamed the attack on Kurdish rebels.
A bomb at a Baghdad market wounded three people.
Four militants were killed during an operation in Maytah.
In Hawi al-Adhaim, the bodies of two militants were discovered.
An unreported number of militants were executed for refusing to carry out suicide attacks in Salah ad Din province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018