The head of the Muqdadiya City Council, Adnan al-Tamimi, warned that Islamic State militants are become more active in the area.
At least 23 people were killed, and 10 more were wounded in recent violence:
In Baghdad, one person was killed and three were wounded by a blast in Doura.
Clashes in Dibs left a tribal fighter dead and two policemen wounded.
A bomb wounded three police in Qaim.
In Madaen, a bomb wounded two civilians.
Eleven militants were killed during operations in Albu Saif and Shamsiyat.
On an island in the Tigris River near Mosul, six militants were killed.
In Kasarat, four suicide bombers were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018
- Airstrikes in Kurdish Region; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 10th, 2018
- Bomb Blast at Mosul Restaurant; 13 Killed in Iraq – November 8th, 2018
- Thirty Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – November 7th, 2018