Although U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson criticized September’s Kurdish independence referendum, he also acknowledged, on Tuesday, that Baghdad had not fully implemented the Iraqi Constitution, a sore point with the Kurds. Tillerson said the United States is committed to Iraqi unity and to implementing the Constitution fully in order to address Kurdish grievances with Baghdad.
At least 68 people were killed or found dead, and four people were wounded:
A new mass grave containing at least 50 bodies was unearthed near Sinjar.
Thirteen security personnel were killed in Tal Safuk when scores of militants attacked them.
In Mosul, A bomb hurled at the home belonging to the brother of an alleged militant injured three people.
The number of casualties in yesterday’s roadside blast in Zummar was apparently revised: three policemen were killed and one was wounded.
Two militants were killed near Dibis.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019