Heavy fighting continues in western Mosul. Deaths have been reported among civilians and security personnel, but solid figures are not being publicized. Meanwhile, counterattacks in neighborhoods that were already liberated are forcing some families to flee again.
A U.S. judge has banned all deportations to Iraq for the next two weeks.
At least 61 people were killed and 10 were wounded:
In Albu Isa village, an airstrike killed two people and wanted two more.
Several Peshmerga recruits were killed or injured in northern Kirkuk.
An explosion in Bani Saad left three civilians wounded.
An army officer was wounded during an attack on his Jalawla home.
In Rawah, airstrikes left 30 militants dead.
Six militants were killed in an airstrike in Kirkuk province.
In Mosul, at least four militants were killed.
Security forces killed two militants in Zab.
On militant was killed and four were wounded in an failed attack in Muqdadiya.
In Tal Afar, a senior militant leader was shot dead.
Peshmerga forces killed a militant security leader in Riyadh.
In Qaim, a suicide bomber at a meeting killed several militant leaders.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Near Kirkuk; 27 Killed in Iraq – January 23rd, 2019
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019