Authorities estimate that about 10,000 people have fled western Mosul since Thursday, and reporters are documenting only a few of the casualties streaming in to nearby clinics.
Islamic State militants are reportedly killing civilians trying to escape their territory in western Anbar province, near the Syrian border.
At least 194 were killed and seven more were wounded in the latest violence:
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb exploded, killing a married couple.
A bomb at a market in Madaen killed one person and wounded four more.
A pair of attacks on the Ajil oil field and the town of Mobaded left three militiamen with injuries.
Near Darnaj, security forces killed 15 militants.
In Mosul, an emir and three companions were killed in Dawasah; another 120 militants were killed in the same or nearby clashes. Security forces killed two suicide bombers trying to reach Salam Hospital. Another four suicide bombers were killed near the airport. Federal police killed three snipers in Wadi Hajar. Fifteen militants were killed in Tayaran.
Airstrikes killed 15 militants in western Anbar.
Seven militants were killed in airstrikes against Daquq and Rashad.
In Hawija, a strike killed three militant leaders.
Two militant leaders were killed in Tal Afar.
Tribal fighters in Zab stabbed a militant to death.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019
- Five Killed in Iraq, Including Security Personnel – February 11th, 2019