Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi again called on Turkey to remove its troops from Iraqi territory. Abadi said their presence was impeding the Coalition’s fight against the Islamic State militants.
At least 79 people were killed and 32 were wounded:
Two people were killed and eight were wounded when a bomb exploded in Taji.
A bomb in Mahmoudiya killed one person and wounded eight more.
In Madaen, a bomb killed one person and wounded five more.
A bomb in Azariya killed a Peshmerga fighter.
In Dibs, security forces found a body.
Militant shot and wounded a civilian in Laylan.
Security forces killed 41 militants and wounded three others in Anbar province.
A strike on Tal Keif killed 13 militants.
Eleven militants were killed at the Bashiqa front lines.
In Baghdad, security forces killed a suicide bomber.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018