Salim al-Shabaki, who represents Shabak interests in Parliament, warned that only Peshmerga forces can liberate Shabak villages or long-lasting strife will result. The minority group is affiliated with Kurd ethnic group.
At least 112 people were killed and 25 were wounded:
Roadside bombs targeting escaping families near Hawija left 10 people dead and six wounded.
A roadside bomb near Shirqat killed seven members of one family.
Two people were killed and eight were wounded by a blast in Mahmoudiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb in an Adhamiya commercial district killed one person and wounded seven.
Seventy militants were killed in a failed attack near al-Houd.
An airstrike killed eight militants near Ramadi.
In Mtabijh, a strike killed six militant leaders.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019