France revealed that it is sending artillery and readying an aircraft carrier in advance of an operation to liberate Mosul.
At least 133 were killed and 20 were wounded:
Three mass graves containing 30 bodies was discovered near Tikrit. The dead are believed to be victims of the Camp Speicher massacre.
In Baghdad, the casualties from yesterday’s suicide bombing rose by 6 dead and 12 wounded to a total of 15 dead and 32 wounded.
Twenty-one militants were killed in strikes near Qayara.
An airstrike on Ghabat killed 18 militants and wounded seven more.
An airstrike left 15 militants dead in Saqra.
Shelling left 10 militants dead in Botaiban.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018