Authorities in Dohuk province recorded the births of over 21,000 babies to displaced people in their camps. Most of the newborns are from Yazidi families.
At least 167 people were killed and 63 more wounded:
Ten Peshmerga members were killed in battles at Qarqashah.
A bomb targeting Sunni tribal fighters in Madaen left two dead and five wounded.
A civilian was shot dead in Quba.
A battle in Sinjar left five Peshmerga wounded and 60 militants dead.
Coalition forces bombed a militant hospital in Mosul killing 28 people and wounding 17 more. Doctors and nurses were among the fatalities.
The number of dead in Peshmerga operations over the last several days has been upped by 35 dead to a total of 165 killed.
In Hit, an airstrike killed three militants.
Security forces killed three bombers in Albu Aitha.
A suicide bomber was killed in Khalidiya Island.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018