Although the Islamic State caliphate appears to be losing its power, many of the militants are blending back into the Sunni populations they came from, possibly waiting for a new opportunity to attack.
At least 138 people were killed and 109 were wounded:
Militants beheaded 28 people from Nimrod and Salamiya for collaborating with security forces
At least 30 people were wounded during a shelling attack on Juhalh. Some of the casualties may have died.
Strikes on Arkaba left 28 militants dead.
In Qayara, strikes killed 20 militants.
Fourteen militants were killed during operations in Khalidiya.
An airstrike on Shalalat killed 11 militants and wounded seven more.
Five militants were killed in a strike on Msrih.
An explosion killed four militants in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018