Security forces captured more territory on the international highway west of Rutba. They have reached at least as far as Camp Korean Village, which is a former U.S. base. The eventual goal is to control the entire highway to the Jordanian and Syrian borders.
Security forces say they will try to recover Falluja next. However, this may include Shi’ite militias, which are not welcome in the city.
In International Money Fund (I.M.F.) announced it will lend $5.4 billion to Iraq over the next three years. There are several important conditions attached to the loan, such as promising to fight corruption.
Army Gen. Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, arrived unannounced in Baghdad as part of a Middle East tour.
Troops have cut off a supply line near Qaim and the Syrian border.
Three people were killed and 10 were wounded in a bombing in a Taji industrial district.
In Baghdad, three soldiers were wounded by a blast in Arab Jabour.
Two people were killed and eight were wounded in Mahmoudiya when a bomb exploded near shops.
A bomb killed one soldier and wounded another near al-Aali.
Eighteen militants were killed during airstrikes on Tal Keif.
Security forces killed seven militants in Barwana.
In Bashiqa, a strike killed four militants.
Peshmerga forces killed three militants and wounded two more in Kazak.
A strike on Khalidiya killed two militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019