As bloodshed continues in Diyala province, at least 70 were killed and 23 were wounded.
In Muqdadiya, at least four more Sunni mosques were firebombed on Tuesday, a day after multiple attacks in the city. At least 36 shops were also set on fire. A member of the local council blamed Shi’ite militia groups. Gunmen, possibly militiamen, killed at least 10 people in their homes or after dragging them outside for execution.
While investigating a suspected car bomb in Baquba, a senior police officer was wounded in a suicide blast. Three others were killed and four were wounded. A separate sticky bomb killed a woman and wounded three others.
Shi’ite militiamen are accused of gunning down two journalists in Abu Saida. The reporters were returning to Baquba after being turned away at a Shi’ite militia checkpoint on the way to Muqdadiya. They worked for a Sunni-affiliated television network.
In Madaen, two people were killed and nine were wounded in a bombing.
An unidentified body was found in Kirkuk.
Three civilians were wounded when a bomb exploded in a field in Sha’a Ali.
In Taji, a blast left two policemen with injuries.
At least 25 militants were killed in a failed attack on Jazira.
In Tal Afar, strikes left 14 militants dead.
Six militants were killed in Asiriya.
Five militants were killed in Albu Faraj.
In Mosul, militants burned several of their own alive for losing Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018