As bloodshed continues in Diyala province, at least 70 were killed and 23 were wounded.
In Muqdadiya, at least four more Sunni mosques were firebombed on Tuesday, a day after multiple attacks in the city. At least 36 shops were also set on fire. A member of the local council blamed Shi’ite militia groups. Gunmen, possibly militiamen, killed at least 10 people in their homes or after dragging them outside for execution.
While investigating a suspected car bomb in Baquba, a senior police officer was wounded in a suicide blast. Three others were killed and four were wounded. A separate sticky bomb killed a woman and wounded three others.
Shi’ite militiamen are accused of gunning down two journalists in Abu Saida. The reporters were returning to Baquba after being turned away at a Shi’ite militia checkpoint on the way to Muqdadiya. They worked for a Sunni-affiliated television network.
In Madaen, two people were killed and nine were wounded in a bombing.
An unidentified body was found in Kirkuk.
Three civilians were wounded when a bomb exploded in a field in Sha’a Ali.
In Taji, a blast left two policemen with injuries.
At least 25 militants were killed in a failed attack on Jazira.
In Tal Afar, strikes left 14 militants dead.
Six militants were killed in Asiriya.
Five militants were killed in Albu Faraj.
In Mosul, militants burned several of their own alive for losing Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Third Bombing Against Sadr Bloc Offices; 40 Killed, 19 Bodies Found in Iraq – May 25th, 2018
- Scattered Attacks Continue in Kirkuk, Diyala; 27 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018