As bloodshed continues in Diyala province, at least 70 were killed and 23 were wounded.
In Muqdadiya, at least four more Sunni mosques were firebombed on Tuesday, a day after multiple attacks in the city. At least 36 shops were also set on fire. A member of the local council blamed Shi’ite militia groups. Gunmen, possibly militiamen, killed at least 10 people in their homes or after dragging them outside for execution.
While investigating a suspected car bomb in Baquba, a senior police officer was wounded in a suicide blast. Three others were killed and four were wounded. A separate sticky bomb killed a woman and wounded three others.
Shi’ite militiamen are accused of gunning down two journalists in Abu Saida. The reporters were returning to Baquba after being turned away at a Shi’ite militia checkpoint on the way to Muqdadiya. They worked for a Sunni-affiliated television network.
In Madaen, two people were killed and nine were wounded in a bombing.
An unidentified body was found in Kirkuk.
Three civilians were wounded when a bomb exploded in a field in Sha’a Ali.
In Taji, a blast left two policemen with injuries.
At least 25 militants were killed in a failed attack on Jazira.
In Tal Afar, strikes left 14 militants dead.
Six militants were killed in Asiriya.
Five militants were killed in Albu Faraj.
In Mosul, militants burned several of their own alive for losing Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018