Turkish airstrikes targeted suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) bunkers in the Qandil Mountains.
Shi’ite militiamen have reportedly burned down homes in the city of Tuz Khormato but also signed a truce with Kurdish forces. At least 16 people have been killed in recent days asShi’ite militiamen and Kurdish forces clashed with each other. Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi ordered security forces to impose order.
At least 341 were killed or found in a mass grave:
In Sinjar, security forces discovered a mass grave believed to contain 78 Yazidi women. Although the grave has yet to be excavated, witnesses described the executions of the women. Four militants were killed after being given the opportunity to surrender. Security forces are now in the process of clearing Sinjar of explosives. Three more villages were liberated.
In Baghdad, a civilian was gunned down.
In Albu Hayat, a security force that included local tribal fighters killed 250 militants.
Eight militants were killed in the Albu Daaj Hills overlooking Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019