Prime Minister John Key of New Zealand visited troops at their Camp Taji base.
Turkey shelled an area of northern Iraq. No one was harmed, but farmers reported damage to their groves.
At least 49 were killed and four were wounded:
Six contractors were executed in Mosul.
In Kirkuk province, a Peshmerga member died during an attack.
In Hawija, 27 militants were executed for desertion.
Four militants were killed in Baiji.
Two militants were killed during an operation in Sejar.
Dozens of militants were killed in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018