Thousands across Iraq demonstrated in support of the new reform plan. The crowds also demanded the restoration of services such as power and water. Meanwhile, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani called on the government to work on revamping the justice system, which has been a major source of corruption and other issues.
Violence left at least 99 dead and 10 wounded:
A roadside bomb near Baaj killed 17 Afghan militants.
Twelve militants were killed during strikes on Qayara.
Airstrikes left 12 militants dead in Khalidiya.
In Husayba, 10 militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019