Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has ordered the arrests of anyone committing crimes in Tikrit. Looting and mayhem followed the declaration of the liberation of Tikrit on Wednesday, if not earlier. Rogue security members and Shi’ite militiamen are accused of committing the abuses. The looting has not stopped.
At least 23 were killed and one more were wounded.
Militants killed an imam in Hammam al-Alil.
In Abu Ghraib, gunmen killed a civilian.
In Zangora, 11 militants were killed.
Four militants were killed in Garma.
Security forces killed three militants in Baghdad.
A sniper was killed in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019