A day after the Pentagon said that Iran had launched airstrikes on Islamic State militants in Iraq, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, without confirming the airstrikes, welcomed the new development. Despite the positive reaction, Iranian officials deny the strikes, and the White House continues to resist allowing the Iranians to join the coalition. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi was in Brussels asking the world community for more military and reconstruction help.
A civilian was gunned down in Abu Ghraib.
Militants whipped a young man in Zab, for insulting ISIS/DAASH leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
In Shirqat, 45 militants were killed in airstrikes.
Security forces killed a militant in Albu Tema.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019