At least 57 people were killed today, and another 19 were wounded. Most of the fatalities were militants. Also, militants were able to shut down the Falluja Dam a day after authorities said it was completely reopened.
In Falluja, twenty militants were killed in a clash. Two soldiers were killed and five more were wounded when militants attacked a checkpoint. Shelling left two people dead and seven wounded, including women and children. Four gunmen were killed and several more were wounded.
Militants were able to shut down the Falluja dam again, just a day after authorities said it had been reopened. Closing the gates not only keeps water from reaching Shi’ite areas further downriver on the Euphrates, but it also floods fields and building in the dam area.
One policeman was killed and three others were wounded in a blast in Hit.
A bomb near Abu Ghraib killed a Sahwa member and wounded another.
An I.E.D. in Jurf al-Sakhar killed an army commander and four soldiers.
A traffic policeman was gunned down in Mosul.
Gunmen wounded two civilians in Saidiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018
- Four Killed in Iraq – December 2nd, 2018