At least 44 people were killed 31 more were wounded across Iraq today. There were reports of fighting from Anbar province. Also, a number of dumped bodies were found.
In Anbar province, clashes left three ISIS/DAASH militants and one Iraqi soldier dead in Albu Bali, and three more soldiers were wounded. Thirteen militants were killed in Ramadi.
Six policemen were shot dead in Tuz Khormato.
A bomb at a Sadr City market left two dead and nine wounded.
Security forces killed three militia members and wounded three more in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Baquba, two dumped bodies were found near a river. Gunmen wounded an Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq leader and killed his aide in a small arms attack.
Three dumped bodies were found in Meshahda.
A soldier was killed and six others were wounded, including civilians, in a blast in Mahmoudiya.
Gunmen killed a soldier and wounded three more in Riyadh.
A soldier was shot and wounded in Madaen.
Gunmen in Baghdad killed a civilian.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Near Kirkuk; 27 Killed in Iraq – January 23rd, 2019
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019