At least 30 people were killed and 53 more were wounded in today’s attacks. Once again Shi’ite pilgrims were targeted, and among those were Pakistani and Saudi victims.
A suicide bomber attacked a Shi’ite procession in Khalis, killing six people and wounding 16 more. The toll could have been higher if not for the actions of a policeman who died trying to stop the bomber.
Gunmen killed three Pakistanis in an attack on a bus carrying pilgrims in Samarra; another 12 Pakistanis and two Iraqis were wounded. A Saudi girl was killed and her mother was wounded in a separate attack.
In Mosul, a roadside bomb killed two soldiers and wounded two more. A civilian was killed and his sister was wounded in a small arms attack. Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded another. Two soldiers were shot and wounded. Security forces killed an extortionist. Gunmen killed a former political candidate. A soldier was shot and wounded.
An I.E.D. in Mushahda killed two soldiers and wounded three more.
Gunmen killed two government employees in Dowr.
Gunmen in Haditha killed a civilian.
Police killed a suicide bomber in Mahmoudiya.
Near Baquba, gunmen killed a former army officer.
In Baghdad, a dumped body was found.
Three policemen were wounded in a shooting at their Falluja checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019
- Bomb Targets Tribal Leader and Family; Two Killed in Iraq – April 10th, 2019