At least 15 people were killed and 28 more were wounded in the latest violence.
An I.E.D. killed two policemen and wounded three more in Baiji.
A roadside bomb in Abu Saida killed one policeman and wounded another.
One civilian was killed and another was wounded in a blast in Albu Ajel.
A sticky bomb killed a civilian in the western village of al-Baghdadi.
Two soldiers were wounded in a blast in Garma.
During a security operation in Hawija, an al-Qaeda leader was killed.
Sahwa members foiled the kidnapping of a group of people on a bus near Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018