At least five Iraqis were killed and seven more were wounded. An unknown number of people were wounded at a mosque south of Baghdad as well.
In Mosul, gunmen killed an oil ministry employee and wounded his brother. An I.E.D. killed a soldier and wounded another.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Abu Saida.
A policeman was wounded during a small arms attack in Rawa.
Several people were wounded when two sound bombs were detonated at a mosque in Mahmoudiya.
A car bomb targeting a Peshmerga commander wounded a policeman in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018