In Tikrit, a bomb targeting a judge’s convoy exploded, killing four bodyguards and wounding at least two others, including the judge. Five people were killed and nine more were wounded in a blast near a hospital.
A bomb killed four people, including two women, near Rashad.
A roadside bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed three policemen and wounded a fourth.
Smugglers killed one border guard and wounded two others near the Syrian border in Anbar province.
In Khalis, gunmen killed a shopkeeper.
Gunmen wounded two policemen at a checkpoint in Azwiya.
Two policemen were wounded in a grenade and gun attack in Amiriyat al Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018