In Tikrit, a bomb targeting a judge’s convoy exploded, killing four bodyguards and wounding at least two others, including the judge. Five people were killed and nine more were wounded in a blast near a hospital.
A bomb killed four people, including two women, near Rashad.
A roadside bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed three policemen and wounded a fourth.
Smugglers killed one border guard and wounded two others near the Syrian border in Anbar province.
In Khalis, gunmen killed a shopkeeper.
Gunmen wounded two policemen at a checkpoint in Azwiya.
Two policemen were wounded in a grenade and gun attack in Amiriyat al Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019