In Tikrit, a bomb targeting a judge’s convoy exploded, killing four bodyguards and wounding at least two others, including the judge. Five people were killed and nine more were wounded in a blast near a hospital.
A bomb killed four people, including two women, near Rashad.
A roadside bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed three policemen and wounded a fourth.
Smugglers killed one border guard and wounded two others near the Syrian border in Anbar province.
In Khalis, gunmen killed a shopkeeper.
Gunmen wounded two policemen at a checkpoint in Azwiya.
Two policemen were wounded in a grenade and gun attack in Amiriyat al Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018