Suicide bombers struck in Baghdad and Samarra, killing dozens. Overall, at least 33 were killed and 74 were wounded across the country.
A bomb killed one person and wounded 17 more in Kut.
Gunmen killed one soldier and wounded two other security personnel in Falluja.
In Hawija, two militants were killed as they were handling a bomb.
Gunmen wounded two civilians in Jubail.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018