At least 19 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded in fresh bloodshed. One bomber managed to find a soccer game to attack, while gunmen were able to kill several physicians in the capital.
In Baghdad, a late-evening bomb at a teahouse in Adhamiya killed three people and wounded 14 more. A female doctor and a crossing guard were gunned down in Zaafaraniya. Gunmen killed a doctor and wounded a second one in New Baghdad. A kidnapped girl was liberated.
Two soldiers were wounded in Amiriyat al-Falluja when gunmen attacked their checkpoint.
In Tikrit, a sticky bomb wounded a civilian. Four security elements were killed and two more were wounded in a separate blast.
Three sticky bombs on three separate cars in Qadisiya wounded three policemen.
Two civilians were wounded in a bombing in Zab.
A clash in Qaim left an insurgent leader dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019