Two politicians and a candidate were killed today, along with 16 others in attacks across central and northern Iraq. Seventeen more were wounded.
A car bomb in Tuz Khormato killed two politicians and wounded a third official. The two fatalities were on the city council. One of them was the chairman. The wounded man is the city’s mayor. Seven bodyguards were also killed and four bystanders were wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a bus in Kadhimiya left one dead and five wounded when it exploded. Gunmen killed a police officer. A blast wounded five people including the head of the Rashid neighborhood council.
Gunmen killed three family members at a home in Tikrit.
A sniper in Baiji killed an officer and a soldier.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019