At least 26 Iraqis were killed and 50 more were wounded in a series of attack across the northern half of Iraq. Except for several attacks in Diyala, most of the violence focused on security personnel.
Three suicide bombers drover into two Mosul checkpoints, killing three policemen. At least 10 security personnel were wounded in one of these or a separate suicide attack. A bomb killed a civilian and wounded an officer at a market.
Gunmen killed a teacher in Muqdadiya.
In Baquba, a roadside bomb at a university exploded and wounded seven female students. Two children were wounded in a separate blast. Another explosion wounded two more civilians. Two more were wounded in an attack.
Six civilians were wounded in a blast in Buhriz.
A bombing in Canaan left two wounded.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed a police officer and wounded three policemen who were with him.
Gunmen killed a civilian and his wife in Hammam al-Alil.
In Tuz Khormato, gunmen killed a woman and wounded her child.
Gunmen on motorcycles attacked a Shirqat checkpoint where they killed one Sahwa member and wounded another.
A raid in Rabeaa netted 12 insurgents but also left four wounded policemen.
A bomb wounded three civilians in Haswa.
A man suspected of involvement in an attack in Tal Afar was captured. Three of his bodyguards were killed in the raid.
Security forces also raided a Taji horse barn where they arrested two insurgents and killed a third one.
Rockets fell in Kirkuk but no casualties were reported.
Clashes took place in Tarmiya, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018