Violence subsided dramatically, but at least five people were killed and seven more were wounded. Among them were two insurgent leaders.
An al-Qaeda leader and his aide were killed during a raid in Buhriz.
An Islamic State of Iraq wali was killed during a raid in Baaj.
In Haditha, a tribal sheikh was assassinated.
Two soldiers were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Baghdadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019