The Eid al-Adha holiday has, so far, been relatively quiet. Violence had been expected surrounding the observances, which began last night. Still, at least seven Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in the latest attacks.
Four people were killed and 12 more were wounded when a bomb exploded at a café in Khalis.
A car bomb outside a restaurant in Hilla wounded one policeman.
One policemen was wounded during a blast in Mosul.
In Amara, two people were kidnapped.
A bomb was hidden among soft drinks left outside a policewoman’s home exploded but no casualties were reported.
Mortars failed to injure anyone in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019