Insurgents significantly dialed down the violence today, but at least five Iraqis were killed in new attacks. Another 10 were wounded.
A bomb just south of Baghdad, near Jurf al-Sakhar, killed a local official.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Latifiya.
A roadside bomb in Qaim wounded a civilian.
A car bomb in Kirkuk left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019