Few attacks took place today. Nevertheless, at least nine people were killed in them, and another 28 were wounded.
In Baghdad, five people were killed and 26 more were wounded shortly after noon prayers, in a double bombing near a mosque and checkpoint in Za’afaraniya.
Two gunmen were killed in a clash in Tikrit.
Near Balad, an I.E.D. killed two policemen and wounded two more.
No casualties were reported after a round of Turkish artillery fire in the Zab region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018