Few attacks took place today. Nevertheless, at least nine people were killed in them, and another 28 were wounded.
In Baghdad, five people were killed and 26 more were wounded shortly after noon prayers, in a double bombing near a mosque and checkpoint in Za’afaraniya.
Two gunmen were killed in a clash in Tikrit.
Near Balad, an I.E.D. killed two policemen and wounded two more.
No casualties were reported after a round of Turkish artillery fire in the Zab region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019