At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 37 were wounded as violence returned after a couple of relatively peaceful days. Also, an Iraqi-Canadian businessman was liberated, and his kidnappers were freed.
A bomb killed four policemen and wounded two civilians in Tuz Khormato.
A bomb in Iskandariya killed two soldiers and wounded ten more.
Two people were killed and six were wounded in a sticky bomb blast in Asiriya. The targets were involved with police intelligence.
An I.E.D. in Haswa killed one soldier and wounded another.
One policeman was killed and one more was wounded in a roadside blast in al-Jazeera.
In Saidiya, gunmen killed a Kurdish shop owner.
Two policemen were wounded in an attack at a checkpoint in Salah ad Din.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019