At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 37 were wounded as violence returned after a couple of relatively peaceful days. Also, an Iraqi-Canadian businessman was liberated, and his kidnappers were freed.
A bomb killed four policemen and wounded two civilians in Tuz Khormato.
A bomb in Iskandariya killed two soldiers and wounded ten more.
Two people were killed and six were wounded in a sticky bomb blast in Asiriya. The targets were involved with police intelligence.
An I.E.D. in Haswa killed one soldier and wounded another.
One policeman was killed and one more was wounded in a roadside blast in al-Jazeera.
In Saidiya, gunmen killed a Kurdish shop owner.
Two policemen were wounded in an attack at a checkpoint in Salah ad Din.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019