Violence ticked up again today as at least 13 Iraqis were killed and 30 more were wounded in new attacks. Anbar province was the worst hit region with several attacks targeting security forces in the Garma/Falluja/Zoba area. The single gravest incident occurred in Diyala province, however, when a bomb struck a civilian bus and left at least 13 casualties.
Two policemen were killed and six more were wounded in a small arms attack in Falluja. Five people were wounded in a car bombing. Another bomb blew up without casualties. Iraq soldiers shot and wounded an official from the Water Directorate as he was making a delivery.
One policeman was killed and three others were wounded in a car bombing south of Falluja in Zoba.
A bomb in Muqdadiya killed three civilians and wounded 10 more.
A body was found in Kirkuk.
Three policemen were wounded in a bombing in Baquba.
A bomb exploded in Gatoun, and two more were defused.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018