Violence ticked up again today as at least 13 Iraqis were killed and 30 more were wounded in new attacks. Anbar province was the worst hit region with several attacks targeting security forces in the Garma/Falluja/Zoba area. The single gravest incident occurred in Diyala province, however, when a bomb struck a civilian bus and left at least 13 casualties.
Two policemen were killed and six more were wounded in a small arms attack in Falluja. Five people were wounded in a car bombing. Another bomb blew up without casualties. Iraq soldiers shot and wounded an official from the Water Directorate as he was making a delivery.
One policeman was killed and three others were wounded in a car bombing south of Falluja in Zoba.
A bomb in Muqdadiya killed three civilians and wounded 10 more.
A body was found in Kirkuk.
Three policemen were wounded in a bombing in Baquba.
A bomb exploded in Gatoun, and two more were defused.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018