A bodyguard working one of Iraq’s two vice presidents was among the eight killed in Iraq today. Another three people were wounded.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a bodyguard working for Iraq’s Shi’ite vice president, Khudayr al-Khuzaie. It is not known whether the shooting was random or targeted. Iraq’s other vice president, Tareq al-Hashemi, fled the country to avoid prosecution on terrorism charges.
Six people were killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Mosul. Most of the victims were soldiers.
A lawyer was gunned down in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Truck Drivers at Border; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2018
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018