A bodyguard working one of Iraq’s two vice presidents was among the eight killed in Iraq today. Another three people were wounded.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a bodyguard working for Iraq’s Shi’ite vice president, Khudayr al-Khuzaie. It is not known whether the shooting was random or targeted. Iraq’s other vice president, Tareq al-Hashemi, fled the country to avoid prosecution on terrorism charges.
Six people were killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Mosul. Most of the victims were soldiers.
A lawyer was gunned down in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018