A bodyguard working one of Iraq’s two vice presidents was among the eight killed in Iraq today. Another three people were wounded.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a bodyguard working for Iraq’s Shi’ite vice president, Khudayr al-Khuzaie. It is not known whether the shooting was random or targeted. Iraq’s other vice president, Tareq al-Hashemi, fled the country to avoid prosecution on terrorism charges.
Six people were killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Mosul. Most of the victims were soldiers.
A lawyer was gunned down in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018