A bodyguard working one of Iraq’s two vice presidents was among the eight killed in Iraq today. Another three people were wounded.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a bodyguard working for Iraq’s Shi’ite vice president, Khudayr al-Khuzaie. It is not known whether the shooting was random or targeted. Iraq’s other vice president, Tareq al-Hashemi, fled the country to avoid prosecution on terrorism charges.
Six people were killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Mosul. Most of the victims were soldiers.
A lawyer was gunned down in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018