As Shi’ite pilgrims return home, violence against them has tapered, but attacks against other targets continued. At least 19 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded in attack that focused on west and northern Iraq. Also, Anbar police have imposed a cycle ban after receiving information about more potential attacks.
Two people were killed and 26 more were wounded in Shirqat when a bomb exploded in a petrol queue near a police station.
In Falluja, a car bomb killed two soldiers and wounded four more; three bystanders were also wounded. A child was killed and three others were wounded in a second bombing. A car bomb killed two civilians and wounded one more. A dumpster bomb killed a child and wounded a woman.
The bodies of two young people were discovered near Samarra.
A roadside bomb north of Kirkuk killed a contractor and wounded three more; the Iraqi trio was working for a Turkish company.
A bomb killed a police officer and wounded five more in Tuz Khormato.
A roadside bombing in Saqlawiya killed a driver and wounded a passenger.
A body was discovered in Sharezoor.
Three policemen were wounded in a Tikrit blast.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019